10 Biblical Truths About Alcohol Joeboy And His Fans May Not Know
Note: The images Used in this article are movie extracts for reference purpose.
Alcohol has been seen as a tool of addiction among people both males and females. People get addicted to the point that instead of not drinking for a day due to little or no money, they prefer to use the little they have for drinks and stay hungry. The addictions which has eaten deep into our people has a lot of implications. To some, they claim it is biblical to drink because Jesus turned water to wine. Well, the earlier you stop deceiving yourself, the better for your life on Earth and your heaven race. Drinking alcohol has implications of which the Bible has pointed out a lot of them. Let me point out 10 of them.
1. Alcoholic drinks bite like a serpent, sting like an adder. (Proverbs 23:32).
2. Noah became drunk; the result was immorality and family trouble. (Genesis 9:20-26).
3. (a) The king was drinking himself into drunkenness when he was assassinated. (1 Kings 16:8-10).
(b) Ben-Hadad and 32 other kings were drinking when they were attacked and defeated by the Israelites. (1 Kings 20:12-21).
4. Drinking causes woe, sorrow, fighting, babbling, wounds without cause and red eyes. (Proverbs 23:29-30).
5. Alcohol causes the drinker to have strange and adulterous thoughts, produces willfulness, and prevents reformation. (Proverbs 23:33).
6. Woe to those who get up early to drink and stay up late at night to get drunk. (Isaiah5:11-12).
7. When you don’t drink, you will be blessed.
(a) Daniel refused the king’s intoxicating wine and was blessed for it along with his abstaining friends. (Daniel 1:5-17 ).
(b) The Rechabites drank no grape juice or intoxicating wine and were blessed. (Jeremiah 35:2-14 ).
8. Drinking Results to Betrayal. (Habakkuk 2:5).
9. Intoxicating wine is like the poison of serpents, the cruel venom of asps. (Deuteronomy 32:33).
10. God gave no grape juice to Israel nor did they have intoxicating drink in the wilderness. (Deuteronomy 29:5-6).
Some drink out of willingness while others were deceived by friends into the act. Incase you are facing such influence from friends, the Bible has something to tell you.
If a Christian brother is a drinker, do not associate with him. (1 Corinthians 5:11).
Avoid drinking today and save yourself from the future doom. Incase you don’t know how to stop it and you are willing, pray to God Seriously and begin to reduce the quantity you take per day. Gradually God will save you from drunkenness.