Natural palm wine is freshly tapped from the sap of a palm tree and can be known as juice when collected fresh without fermentation since at this stage it contains no amount of alcohol. However, when sustained for a few hours like 2 hours, the natural yeasts in the air give rise to fermentation and it contains approximately 5 percent alcohol and the taste is sweet and the color is white and can be lightly intoxicating.
The longer the fermentation time, the more alcoholic it becomes and the more acidic it is. Palm wine is also referred to as Ogogoro in Nigeria. The following are fine and well-tapped palm wines: magnesium, iron, sugar, protein, carbohydrates, yeast, bacteria, and vitamins.
Now if you still drink or take palm-cooked palm-cooked wine, here is what you can learn.
Palm wine’s health benefits….. What does palm wine do to your health? The following are:
1. Palm wine contains vitamin B2 that’s an antioxidant and thus allows you to battle those cancers that cause cancer. Riboflavin is also called vitamin B2
2. This is because it has the antioxidant Vitamin C known as ascorbic acid that can also be present in other fruits. Palm wine helps to preserve eyesight. Vitamin B1 also leads to eye development. The one named thiamine is vitamin B1.
3. The antioxidant property of palm wine helps to accelerate the process of wound cure, through tissue repair and cell growth.
4. Palm wine is taken or used for treating foodborne disease and diarrhoeal disease because of its high antibacterial properties.
5. It can be used by applying it on the skin to treat a rash.
Note: your consumption of fermented palm wine should be limited. Do not take excess because of the alcohol content of fermented palm wine that could be poisonous. So when we take heavily, it can be bad for your health, because we know also that drinking excess alcohol kills essential body organs as palm wine does. So be careful to drink. Health is wealth, remember. Write up Credited to Health guide.NG, and Science photo library
If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright