Sex before marriage may have been frown on, but some youths still want to explore and confirm if what elders are saying is true or they are just mounting fear on them.
Some people who got involved in it before they married and thought they got away with it, may not know that some of the things they are now battling within their marriages today may be as a result of premarital sex they had in the past. Although not every challenge in the family is caused by premarital sex, some of these things I will be listing below are effects of it.
Below are some of the effects premarital sex can have on a family.
1. You will not be satisfied by your spouse. When you get involve in premarital sex early enough, it can make you addicted to it so much that you want it every day.
When you now get married, you will want your husband to be as active as those men you use to have it with and when he is not able to do like them, you will feel like you are being starved or that he is not a perfect match for you.
Also, if a man got involved in premarital sex before he found his wife, he will want his wife to be stylish like those ladies he has had it with before marriage used to do it with him.
This can make the man start complaining that he is not getting enough attention from his wife. The truth is, there is no how his wife will be able to meet up with his demand.
So if you are not yet married and you are thinking of looking for a lady with whom you will be having premarital sex. I will advise that you think about your decision twice because its effect can be serious when you finally settle down with your wife.
2. You may cheat on your spouse with another person. Getting involve in premarital sex can make you start cheating on your spouse because you will not be getting enough of him.
For instance, if a lady took premarital sex as a hobby and dwelled in it for long before coming out to marry. If she gets married, her husband will not be able to satisfy her and that can make her seek alternative ways to satisfy herself by cheating on her husband.
If you don’t want related things, it will be better if you avoid premarital sex.
3. You may start using sex toys. When a woman becomes active in premarital sex, switch to using lovemaking gadgets that you will not want your spouse to see especially if you are a woman. It can make you start seeking privacy and start avoiding your husband.
So it will be good if you avoid it now that you are not yet married than to face that type of life in your marriage.
4. It can lead to childlessness. Another negative effect that premarital sex can have on marriages is that it can prevent a woman from conceiving. If a lady gets involved in premarital sex and became pregnant. If she terminates the pregnancy and goes back to do the same thing over and over again. If she keeps on terminating it to the point that her womb got affected. It can render her childless.
Also, if a lady asks a doctor to do one or two things to their womb so that she can be free to “enjoy” life. Some ladies do this because they believe that they will never get married. But along the line, any of them may come across a man who she will fall in love with and finally get settled as a couple. They will not be able to have children because the womb is not in order.
5. It can lead to trouble in the family. Taking part in premarital sex can lead a man into having some children he cannot account for. In the process of having multiple partners before marriage, a man can get a lady pregnant and denied her because he is not financially buoyant. If he later gets married to another lady and they are doing well, the lady with which he had a child can resurface with the child. This may not go well with his wife and it can lead to problems in their marriage.
6. It can lead to divorce. In most marriages, husband and wife will possibly begin to get worried once they are two to three years and there is no child. They will start looking for a way out. If they go to the hospital and it was confirmed that one of them is the cause of the childlessness, especially if it is the woman. The husband may send her packing or says that he wants a divorce so that he can marry another woman. Some husbands will go outside their marriage to have children. This will now make the lady start living in regrets and wished that she never took part in premarital sex.
So, because of these effects things, it will be good if you abstain from premarital sex and wait for the right time when you will have it with your spouse.
If you are experiencing any of these in your marriage, remember that this article didn’t state emphatically that those experiencing things mentioned above got involved in premarital sex. It can be a coincidence. Your spouse may not be involved. You should see doctor if you have delay in children and also pray.
If you are experiencing any of the above, below are some suggested solutions.
1. Teach your spouse how to be active and do not cheat on her. Also, note that you didn’t get to your level in lovemaking activity level in a day. So give him/her time to improve. You can learn how to talk him/her into it. You can go for marriage counseling.
2. Learn to open up when you are not satisfied, don’t die in silence.
3. In case of delay in childbearing, the first place you must visit is any government-approved hospital near you.
4. If you do anything that affected your womb, try to open up to your suitor before you get married to him. So that he will make his decision whether to continue with the relationship or not. If you tell him and he feels like continue then he will not feel like you forced him into marrying you.
Confess any hidden things you know can come back to hunt you. So that when it comes, it will not be a shock to your spouse. And by that, you will overcome it with ease.
5. Commit everything in God’s hands because, with God, all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26)